I have updated the TARC page with the new rules for TARC 2012.
- 2 eggs payload
- altitude goal 800 feet
- duration goal 43 to 47 seconds
- liftoff mass limit 650 grams
- rocket motor total impulse limit 80 Newton-seconds F or below)
- recovery by parachute of any size
- any of three altimeters permitted (not carried by Sunward at this time)
- 1000 team limit, no more than 5 per school
- third flight at the Finals to settle any tie for 1st through 3rd places (only)
Full details at http://www.rocketcontest.org/
Registrations opens September 7, 2011.
Thanks to Trip Barber for the details.