I have updated the TARC page with the new rules for TARC 2013.
- 1 egg payload, and the egg must be flown and recovered “on its side” (installed in the rocket sideways)
- body minimum diameter 60 millimeters (2.362 inches) at the point where the egg is located (BT80 size)
- altitude goal 750 feet
- duration goal 48 to 50 seconds
- liftoff mass limit 650 grams
- rocket motor total impulse limit 80 Newton-seconds (F motor or lower)
- recovery of egg and altimeter by parachute 15 inch diameter, +/- 1 inch
- either of two altimeters permitted: Perfectflite APRA, or Pnut
- up to 1000 teams, no more than 5 teams per school
- Finals – May 10-12, 2013
- Qualification flight deadline March 2, 2013
Full details at http://www.rocketcontest.org/
Registrations opens September 4, 2012.
Thanks to Trip Barber for the details.